Monday, October 26, 2015

By the Grace of God I Am What I Am

I don't even have to do missionary work, the buses do it for me!!


Hello family!
         Let me just tell you, weeks fly by as STL. We went on 2 exchanges this week and had zone training where we had to present so it seems like it went super fast! To answer your questions. There are 6 sisters we are over and we go on exchange with them all 2 times each transfer. We have conference calls every week and we call them regularly. Pretty much we are there to help them in ways district and zone leaders can't. It is good and is really humbling me.
         Two scriptures that describe what I have learned this week:
          1 Coronthians 15: 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am
         D&C 18: 15-16 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!  And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!
         This week I have been reflecting a lot on who I am and how I have become the person I am. During one of my studies I came across 1 Corinthians 15 and that describes my mission. I have no clue how I got so blessed, but I know it is solely because of Jesus Christ and his love for me. I don't deserve all the blessings I have or even the testimony I have, but I am extremely grateful for the grace of God for helping me become this person. I realized that I needed to come on my mission to learn how to access the atonement, and boy have I learned. The atonement has sustained me everyday over the past year, and now my goal is to apply it even more over the next 6 months to become Christ like in all I do and say.  I have changed so much so far! It is amazing how one single decision to serve a mission has changed everything about my life. :)
         As far as D&C 18, that scripture is SO TRUE! I was able to go on exchange in Brighton this week and that is exactly what I needed. It is very easy on a mission to feel like you aren't a successful missionary, because Satan is rude like that and gets in your head.   I was able to see Tim, Tosin & Jessie.   I was in tears I was so happy. 
Exchanges with sisters serving in Brighton


         
     For the rest of the week it is really a blur. I stayed in Sutton on exchange Wednesday with Sister Hunt. That was scary considering I didn't know the area hardly at all, and I had just been given a new phone which had no numbers in it.  But we survived; the Lord blesses us when we do what he asks. We knew I needed to stay in Sutton, so he provided.  We also had Zone Training this week with our zone and we presented on working with members. Member missionary work is so important and something I have been able to see on my mission, it is not effective to do missionary work unless you have the members by your side!

Exchanges in Sutton

Autumn in England is beautiful!


      There was one morning where I was just out of it, we were walking from the train station to the Crawley chapel for zone training and I was so tired and it was pouring down rain, I felt dead. So I stopped in the pouring rain, went to the side of the road where no one could see me and did jumping jacks to wake myself up. And it worked!  It has gotten so cold here so fast! Autumn (it's not fall, people get mad if you call it fall here) is so pretty here and I'm in love with it. It has been really rainy this week, but diligence is key to missionary work, so we go out and talk to people any ways.
Saturday evening it was a downpour. We were drenched in like 30 seconds of being outside, but we were stopping people left and right and I was so happy!  That night we had an hour to street contact before we had to be in and we went out and worked so hard and found so much joy in the work. We were running across the street to talk to people, following people onto buses to get a return appointment, and just going hard. And you know what, it worked! We got 4 potential people we could teach from it and we were happy. More than anything I was beaming with joy which is what is necessary to do missionary work.
         So there's my week in just a few long paragraphs. I truly do love my mission and can't believe next week will be a year since I left...this has been the fastest year of my life...but also the best. I am just so happy.  Sister Toomata and I are working  hard.   
         I love you all so much and am so grateful for all you do for me. I wouldn't be where I am today without each and every one of you, so thank you. I don't think I can say thank you enough, but know that I love you and you are in my thoughts and prayers always!

Love,

Sister Robison xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment