Tuesday, October 13, 2015

I Hate Goobyes

Saying Goodbye to Sister Bills


     Well hello properly this time family. I just said goodbye to Sister Bills about 2 hours ago, and as I have said before I really hate goodbyes. I am going to really miss Taunton and all the people there.   I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve there.
We got stuck in the pouring rain!

The Riddles
The Tuttons


     Thursday and Friday we went on exchanges with the STL's, so I was in Bath for the day. That was hard enough leaving Sister Bills for one day, I don't know how I am going to leave her for this long...pray for me that I can adjust to my new area and responsibilities.  Friday is when President calls for leadership positions and I told Sister Bills not to answer the phone if he called before we got back together, but he called and she had to call him back. He called me shortly after in Bath and told me I was going to be transferred to Sutton to be a STL.  After President told me that I asked him what was happening to Sister Bills and he said I would die when I found out. Then he told me she was training. WOW!  I immediately started crying, I couldn't believe it.  He told me how good of a trainer I was and that he doesn't usually do this, but he knows she is ready.  I know she is to,  I am scared to death for her though, training is the hardest thing I have had to do on my mission. I don't quite know how she is going to do it only being out 3 months, but I know she can do it.  She has grown so much over the past 3 months and it has been such a privilege to see her change.  It was so hard packing up and leaving her.   Am I sad about leaving Taunton, and more specifically Sister Bills? YES.  But I am so excited to see what the next 6 weeks have in store for me.  
         As far as being Sister Training Leader.  The Lord is trying to humble me.  The three things I dislike most on my mission are 1) exchanges 2) sister training leader and 3) participating in meetings, and guess what, being STL I have to do all of those.  But I am excited to come to love them.
         As far as the rest of this week, it is kind of a blur. This weekend was crazy trying to say goodbye to everyone. I will miss everyone so much! Taunton is a good place. I truly changed there. I came to know what it means to be a consecrated missionary and how I can fully serve the Lord and submit my will to his. I came to love the Book of Mormon and see how it really can and will affect us in our lives.  I learned to not be too hard on myself.  I learned how to have fun and laugh even when everything seems to be going wrong. For instance, this week for exchange we were driving from Taunton to Bath, a 1.5 hour drive, and about 20 minutes from bath the elders got a call saying they forgot to swap house keys, so we had to turn around and drive another hour back to Taunton then 1.5 hours to bath. That whole day was spent in the car, but there was nothing we could do about it.  So we laughed.  Laughing is so important in our life!  I have learned how the Holy Ghost speaks to me as well, I have had to rely on the Lord more over the past three months then my whole life I think. But I also grew the most.











     All in all. My mission is changing me and I love the person I am becoming. My new companions name is Sister Toomata and she is from Sydney Australia.  She has been on her mission since March and this has been her only area, and I am her second companion.  


     Well sorry about that super scattered email. I'm still trying to wrap my head around not being with Sister Bills and not being in Taunton.  But I will get there.  Thanks for all the love and support! I love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Robison xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment