Monday, November 2, 2015

You've Got a Friend In Me

     I cannot believe I have been out for a year. I was almost crying in sacrament meeting this week reflecting back on this year and it has gone so fast!!! Man. Crazy.
         The biggest lesson I have learned lately is that you always have a friend in Christ. My whole mission I have been really close with the missionaries I serve around, they have all been my best friends and it has helped me so much throughout my mission. Lately I have felt alone, so of course my studies this week have all been focused on helping me get through this rough time. I read one day in John 15:9-16 and it says:
         "As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.  If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.  These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.  This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.  Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.  Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.  Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.  Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."
         What I loved from this scripture is that Christ refers to me as his friend. I have come to feel his love and joy this week and know him better than I have before. This is the time in my mission where I need to learn to rely on Christ alone, not on others to make me happy. So this is a growing time for me, yes it is hard, but hey, I'll be better because of it!
         This week seems to have gone so fast! And it was one of the slowest weeks we will have this transfer...
         We saw so many miracles this week and were able to really improve our finding skills. We stopped these 2 ladies on the street and they said they had had a bad day so they didn't want to talk. We asked if there was anything we could help them with and they in turn asked what we could help with. We told them that we are disciples of Jesus Christ and as soon as we said this one of the ladies burst into tears. We proceeded to pray with her and testify of gods love and it was so powerful! The spirit was definitely there and she ended up asking where the chapel is so she could come to church. We are looking forward to seeing her. It was a huge testimony builder for me on the Lords timing. We had been running behind all day and I was kind of frustrated with it, but we trusted in the Lord and he led us to this wonderful, prepared lady.
         I went on exchange again this week and it was really good. I am starting to like exchanges. I learn a lot from them, I don't know if I help them at all, but I do my best. I went with a sister who is from Denmark, her mums whole family lived in Bergen in Norway. Did you serve there Dad? If so do you remember a family named the Borges? She said it was a quite big family.
         Sorry it is a scattered and short email this week. We are playing sports at the chapel and I don't really know what more to say...
         Halloween in England is weird. Everyone just gets super drunk and it is scary. We were on a train at 2 in the afternoon and everyone around us was drinking vodka straight from the container...so we prayed super hard all day to stay safe. We were in early to plan for the next week, so all is well. We did get to carve pumpkins at a LA house though, so that was good. They had a ward Halloween party too that we took an investigator to, so that was fun. This ward is a lot like a Utah ward, it is different, but I like it.
         That's about it. I am still alive and kicking it here in Sutton! My mission is the best and it has changed my life. It is scary to think I only have 6 months left...but, life goes on and at least I have that much longer to be changed and molded into the future mother Heavenly Father needs me to be.
         I love you all and think about you often! I hope you have an amazing week and turn to the Lord often in prayer!

Love,
Sister Robison :)


Mission Leadership Council Meeting 

The Fog has been crazy this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment