Monday, October 19, 2015

Sutton What a Place


         Wow that was a fast week. I swear the longer I'm on my mission the faster time goes. Scary.
         It has been a good/hard week for me adjusting to my new area. I adjusted fine and got to know the area fine, but I have just been so stressed about Sister Bills and Taunton that it has been hard for me. But there is a quote in preach my gospel that says:
         “I have often said one of the greatest secrets of missionary work is work! If a missionary works, he will get the Spirit; if he gets the Spirit, he will teach by the Spirit; and if he teaches by the Spirit, he will touch the hearts of the people and he will be happy. There will be no homesickness, no worrying about families, for all time and talents and interests are centered on the work of the ministry. Work, work, work--there is no satisfactory substitute, especially in missionary work.” –President Ezra Taft Benson
         I was able to see this to be true this week. The first few mornings here I was struggling so much thinking about Sister Bills and I prayed so hard to be able to just focus my attention here and I saw that when you work the Lord helps you. I wasn't distracted once I hit the streets because I knew my purpose and wanted to fulfill it. The Lord makes up for our weaknesses and shortcomings when we lack. I love the Lord.
         Being STL is a lot of added work. We are basically the equivalent of zone leaders. We don't get a car though cause there's not enough in the mission :( but we go on exchanges with all the sisters in the zone and it is basically us and the ZL running the zone, so we work really closely with the ZL. We plan meetings, like this week we planned zone training, and just help the zone. I will go on about 8 exchanges this transfer.  This week on Wednesday I am going on exchange with Sister Hunt but I'm staying in Sutton for it after only being here for one week...so pray I will be able to do it! And Friday I get to go back to Brighton for exchange! 
         Sister Toomata is amazing. I already love her so much, I have been so blessed with my companions! I'm excited to see how this transfer goes.
         Sutton is the place where everyone talks a lot. We have gone to so many homes where the person just talks for an hour straight and we can't even teach. It's frustrating, but I'm teaching sister T. to be bold and cut people off sometimes. It is also the place where everyone and their dog has a Book of Mormon! Seriously probably 10 people we talked to this week already had a Book of Mormon. 
         All of a sudden my finding has gone through the roof. At our last zone conference the assistants talked about fearing no man and putting my trust in God. I didn't pay much attention to it to be honest, but all of a sudden I got here and I fear no man. I stop anyone and everyone and it feels so good! Change can be good sometimes for us to keep growing.
         The ward here is probably the closest thing I could get to a Utah ward in England. There are even a few American families in the ward! It is so good! We had dinner with an American family last night and it was the best thing ever. It made me really miss home though. I spoke yesterday in church on how the spirit has spoken to me on my mission. I decided to focus on how the spirit has helped me become more personally converted.  My mission has changed me and I am so grateful for it.
         That is about it for this week. I'm excited to see what this transfer has in store and excited to see where the Lord takes me. The weather is starting to get really cold, but that's okay, I'll survive.

         I love you all so much and hope you have an amazing week!
Love,
Sister Robison










No comments:

Post a Comment