Monday, May 25, 2015

Loving My New Area

     


     Well family, where do I begin? This week has been really different. Sister Dimond got sick half way through the week, so we had to stay in the flat quite a bit. But we were able to still get a lot done. The work here is amazing. I love Taunton and may be the happiest I have ever been since I came on my mission. We have a baptism this weekend for one of our investigators. We are really excited for that, he is awesome. And we have 3 more in 2 weeks. Sister Dimond is seriously such a good missionary and she always works so hard, I have learned so much from her.
         I had to speak in sacrament meeting yesterday about the first lesson. So I spoke about prophets, the savior’s earthly ministry and the apostasy. Something I have come to learn and understand so much on my mission is the importance of prophets and the priesthood. I didn't understand the priesthood at all before my mission, and I didn't understand the apostasy at all. Well really, I didn't understand anything. The priesthood is key to everything, if we didn't have the
priesthood we wouldn't have the gospel. So boys try to do everything you can to recognize the power and authority that you have, it's something not many people will ever have or experience the power of in their life. I have also come to understand how important revelation is. Revelation is how the church is run, through revelation from God. We can all have revelation as well, God loves us so he will communicate with us, but we have to be willing to act on what we receive.
         Last night we had an investigator call us and tell us he can't believe the Book of Mormon is true, that it is a good spiritual guidance, but he can't accept it as fact. He also went off about the book of Abraham (something I have been faced with on my mission already, maybe I told you about that experience). As I have pondered all of this and how everyone wants visible proof, I have come to understand more what faith is. It doesn't matter where the book of Abraham came from, it doesn't matter if it doesn't match up with historical evidence, but what matters is that I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and restored the gospel of Jesus Christ to this earth. Once someone has a testimony of that they won't worry about historical facts.
         Other things from this week: everything bad is still seeming to happen to us, but we are still counting our blessings...things could be
worse. We have become a lot less stressed, we have a game plan for how we are going to tackle everything we have to do.
         Yesterday we went to bishops for a bbq with the ward. The ward here is great, they make it feel like family. I was seriously laughing so hard the whole afternoon. We get to go to the temple Thursday with some recent converts and investigators, that will be fun.
         Ha sorry my mind can't seem to remember anything that happened this week. Sister Dimond and I  are sitting here trying to remember what we even did, but we can't remember...
         I love you all so much and am so grateful for everything you do for me. I am glad you are all safe after your tire blew...that is really
scary. Have a fun last week of school! I can't believe the school year
is already over...where is time going?


I love you all!!!!!

Love,
Your favorite Sister Robison

On the Train



No comments:

Post a Comment