Monday, January 11, 2016

"The Lord Gives Us Trials to Help Us Grow"

Hi!
         How are you doing family? I never know how to start emails anymore haha. This week has been really interesting adjusting to a new companion.
         This week I have been able to see how just little things I do and say can have an impact on people for the rest of their life. On Monday night Sister Rose and I really wanted to treat ourselves and go out to dinner at our favourite restaurant, cause it was our last night together. But a member (Pauline) called us and invited us to come for dinner.  Pauline is the best,  she spoils missionaries like crazy and is one of my favourite people I have met in England. So we go over, and right before we knock on the door we decided we are going to share a message about New Years resolutions and watch Look Not Behind Thee. So we go and have dinner and play Rumikub (and I won! Woohoo go me!). Then we shared the message and next thing we know she is in tears. She has been struggling for a very long time now and that morning, she woke up determined that this year is the year she is going to go to the temple again. It was so cool to see how when we forget ourselves and do what the Lord wants, miracles happen. We got a call a few days later and she is doing much better!  She just kept thanking us for that message and the spirit we brought into her life. It was one of the coolest experiences of my mission. 
         That was definitely the highlight of my week. I have also been able to talk to Sister Moyes about the beginning of our missions and she has shared with me how I influenced her a lot in the MTC. I never realize the impact I have on people, but it is really cool to be able to see it sometimes.
         Funny story from this week:
         On Thursday we were supposed to take an investigator to the temple for a VC tour. So we arranged it with a member and everything was fine and dandy. Well we all go in the members car...drove about 5 yards...and her tire blew. It was so funny. But we weren't supposed to go cause our investigator got super sick right after that. It just makes me laugh how the Lord works. His ways are mysterious.
         Something that I have learned over the past few days is the importance of progression. We are here to progress, we are never done learning all that we need to learn. This is something that I have to constantly remind myself, there is always something I can do better on and I need to constantly be trying to be better. I studied Alma 5 this morning and it was a good reminder of how far I've come on my mission, but also how much further I have to go.
         I love you all so much! I do miss you a lot, this week I think I have experienced the most home sickness I've had on my mission...but I know I will see you again soon enough. I just rely on the Lord all day everyday and I get through.  I will try to do better with my emails and being more detailed, all the days just seem to blend together now haha. But I love you! 

Love you!

Sister Robison xxx

Crawley leadership from last transfer, I hate change!!!

MTC reunion!  Crazy how much has changed since then.  My new comp is to my left.  

No comments:

Post a Comment