Monday, September 7, 2015

The Season of Miracles Is Here

Family! 
         Wow there are so many miracles I want to tell you about this week. This week was hard again and I had a few days where I was super discouraged, but you know what I realized yesterday? The reason this is the hardest time I have ever had on my mission (cause it is) is because Satan knows that miracles are coming and the "floodgates" as President Gubler calls it, are opening and he is doing everything possible to get us missionaries down and discouraged to stop this from happening. But you know what, Satan can't ever beat God, so I know as I rely on my faith and on the gospel I can get through these super hard trials to become the missionary I need to be to fulfill these miracles. Ether 12: 27 says we have weaknesses so we can rely on God to make them strengths and I know that that is what God is doing with all us missionaries right now. Shaping and molding us to the faithful missionaries required to bring to pass this second great harvest :) I am honestly just so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary right now to experience this season of miracles. It is the best! Missions are the best! Everyone should go on one and request to go to the ELSM cause it is the best. 
         Okay miracles stories now:
         The biggest miracle we were able to see this week was yesterday at church. When I got to Taunton in May our bishop gave us a few names of less active members he felt we should visit and one of the families because of different situations we weren't able to see them until the end of July right when sister Bills got here. We visit them every week now and they came to church for the first time in 10 years yesterday!  It was so amazing and the best part was that the Dad got up and bore his testimony! He talked about how the spirit kept prompting him to go up so he had to. After church he told us that it just felt right being back at church.  He told us why they are coming back and it is because he had an experience where he knew God heard and answered his prayers, so he needed to go back to church. It was such a good moment for Sister Bills and I as missionaries here. I know it has nothing to do with us that they were back, but it felt so good seeing someone who we had visited and helped a bit in coming back to church.  
         Next miracle started last Monday. We were finding for most of the day and not seeing any success from it and we were getting quite discouraged so we stopped and just prayed that God would lead us to someone who needed us right then. Literally 10 seconds later we look and a former investigator was standing in front of us waving at us. He is someone Sister Dimond and I used to visit.  Well we saw him and he said he wanted to meet up again so we saw him Saturday and he is now preparing to be baptized on September 25.  
         We have another person preparing for baptism as well.  She is also a former investigator who was being taught last summer but then just wasn't committed to it so they stopped seeing her.  She is preparing for October 9 and her struggle is that she works every Sunday, so that will be difficult. But she is so sweet and such a miracle! 
         Those are just a few of the miracles we were able to see this week. I'm telling you family. Miracles are happening left and right and we are going to help thousands come to the knowledge of Christ :) yesterday we had a mission wide fast for the floodgates to open, to have a confirmation that the season of miracles is real, and to confirm to all of us that the Book of Mormon is true. As part of that we all said a prayer as a companionship at exactly 7:30 AM. And wow, that was a powerful prayer. I felt the spirit so strongly and just knowing all my fellow missionary friends out here were praying at the same time was so powerful! I literally just love being a missionary.  I have never felt the spirit as much in my whole life, or been able to recognize the spirit like I do now. 
         This week the whole mission finished the Book of Mormon on September 1. I READ THE BOOK OF MORMON IN 2 MONTHS. I DON'T READ, HOW DID I DO THAT? Haha I honestly don't know how I did it...but I did and I love the Book of Mormon so much! It is amazing to know all the stories and to all of a sudden understand the characters and how everything fits together in the Book of Mormon. Seriously family, the gospel is just the best. We are so blessed, never forget that. I have now started the Book of Mormon again focusing on the spirit and how the Holy Ghost speaks to us, and what I have learned so far is that the Holy Ghost is always speaking to us, we just need to be obedient and listen to the promptings and then ACT. We won't receive more revelation if we don't act on the revelation we already have.  
         Okay I just remembered one last miracle then I will be done cause you don't want to read my emails all day. But this is a good and funny one. Monday night we were both starving and didn't want to cook, so we ordered pizza. We had a box of change in our flat that missionaries had always just threw spare change into, so we counted it and we had £15 so we ordered pizza with it and paid with all change. But when the guy was giving us our pizza he asked what our name tags were and so we talked a bit about the church and gave him a card. Then we get back into our flat and it literally starts pouring down rain so hard and we look out the window and this poor guy was on a scooter. We realized we didn't give him a tip so we ran down to give it to him and he tells us he was sitting pondering that nice conversation we had about God then all of a sudden it starts pouring and he didn't understand why. We said we were sorry and we would pray for it to stop, and literally as soon as we said that the rain stopped almost completely. We got back to our flat again and said a prayer of thanks and asked Heavenly Father please let him look at the website and text us...and 1 hour later he texted us! Amazing. Miracles happen people. 
         I love you all so much! Thanks for all your love and support! 
Love,
Sister Robison xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment