Monday, September 14, 2015

Ward and Stake Changes In Taunton


Dismaland a mock Disneyland


Hey loved ones!

         First off, I AM SO PROUD OF DAD FOR FINISHING LOTOJA. I PRAYED LITERALLY ALL DAY THAT HE WOULD HAVE THE STRENGTH TO FINISH AND I WAS
REALLY WORRIED ABOUT HIM ALL DAY, BUT I AM SO PROUD. I HAVE THE COOLEST DAD.
         You guys always say you don't know what to write in your emails...well I'm running out of things to write about too...it seems like I just do the same thing every week.
         Here are some stories from my week.
         Sister Bills and I feel like we are getting really fat, so we set a goal to not eat McDonalds or eat sweets for just one week. Guess how long we lasted? One day...it was a big deal. We even ate a Big Mac this week and really regretted it. Big Macs are gross just so you know...but we are starting to work out more so that will help. 


         I am really learning how to follow the spirit, I studied that for about a week in the Book of Mormon just focusing on how the spirit speaks and when, it has really helped me. Saturday night we were scheduled to see a less active lady who we had scheduled with previously but we got to her door and they were having dinner so we couldn't go in. So we go to our back up plan and we were supposed to go knock 2 other less actives. But that didn't feel right, so we said a quick prayer and felt we needed to knock the street we were on. So we start knocking and about 4 doors in I feel just bad about knocking that street and so I start praying to know what we need to do and a voice in my head kept saying to go street contact under the bridge on the way home. I prayed a few times and kept getting that prompting, so a few doors later I ask Sister Bills how she was feeling about knocking and she said she didn't feel good about it. So we go start walking under the bridge and 2 minutes later a man on his bike stops and it is a guy who was baptized a year ago who we couldn't get ahold of for 3 months. It was a HUGE miracle to see him, and I learned so much from that experience about how God always puts us in the right place at the right time. If we wouldn't have followed the prompting to knock the street and we would have just started walking home, then we would have been to early to run into this guy. The Lord works in strange ways, this time he just had to stall us.

One day for study we drew out the story of the Book of Mormon

         Our baptismal date is doing so good! We see her about twice a week and she is just so humble and wants to change so bad.  We taught her the word of wisdom Monday night with the plan of salvation then had planned to go over it more and make a specific plan with her when we saw her Thursday. Well we got there Thursday and she had already written down in her journal her plan and set goals for herself.  She is so amazing and is doing so good so far :)
         Sister Bills and I have had a lot of "what is my life" moments this week...we get done teaching and just look at each other and laugh cause we are two 19 and 20 year old girls from Utah helping people to stop smoking. Like hello, neither of us have any clue how to help people stop smoking. But, we have been called by a prophet of God, so I guess we have authority to do that.  But really, what is my life? I love it though and would have it no other way :)
         In other news, we had huge changes in our ward and stake yesterday.  I'm so excited but also so stressed about it. So we got a new Bishop for one, I have loved Bishop Tutton (the old bishop) so much, he is so amazing and has done so much for the ward. But I know the new Bishop, Bishop Eastwood will be so good for the ward right now. We are really tight with Bishop Eastwood too so it will be good. But they re did ward boundaries so our area just got even bigger. Sister Bills and I are now covering an area that typically has had 3 sets of missionaries in total covering. I will send you a pic of our ward boundaries, it is literally so stressful and I don't know how we are going to do it cause it takes 2 hours to get out to the new section of our area. But I guess, all things are possible through the Lord right?  Sister Bills and I both feel like we are the missionaries in Taunton at this time for a reason. We really want to focus on the members and less actives, because the whole purpose of the change was to strengthen the faith and testimony of the members. So pray we can reactivate some families to this ward, because that is what it needs and we are so willing to work hard to do it. Miracles are going to start happening.
         To end I will leave you with a good scripture my district leader shared with us last night:
3 Nephi 19: 25
         “And it came to pass that Jesus blessed them as they did pray unto him; and his countenance did smile upon them, and the light of his countenance did shine upon them, and behold they were as white as the countenance and also the garments of Jesus; and behold the whiteness thereof did exceed all the whiteness, yea, even there could be nothing upon earth so white as the whiteness thereof.”
         Christ is always smiling down on us as we pray and keep the commandments.

Keep being awesome fam!
Love you!
Sister Robison xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment