Monday, March 21, 2016

"Tender Mercies"

Hello again!

         Well, that was really weird yesterday seeing Alan and Lisa.  I was walking into sacrament meeting and looked at the main door and saw 4 people coming in. I turned to sister Moyes and was just about to tell her that one of the guys looked like my cousin Matthew...then I realised that it was Matthew and I had a little freak out! It was so good to see them and I really needed it. I have learned that Heavenly Father loves us and answers our prayers in many different ways, sometimes in small simple ways, and sometimes in bigger ways (like family showing up at sacrament meeting!).
         So a bit of background from this week so you will understand why this meant so much to me. This week has been one of the harder weeks on my mission, just feeling inadequate and feeling really alone here. I have been worried a lot about going home and scared that when I get home I won't know anyone or know what to do. I have tried to fight this so much this week, but as hard as I tried I just couldn't get it off my mind. Well, I decided I needed a blessing, so I was going to get one on Thursday after zone training, but some things came up with the elders and I didn't end up asking for one, and for some reason I just felt I needed to wait until Sunday to get a blessing.

         Well, going back to Sunday. As soon as I saw Alan I realised that that is why I needed to wait till Sunday to receive a blessing. He gave me a blessing and it was exactly what I needed. Seeing them actually made me feel very peaceful about going home. It helped me realise that I still do have people at home that love and care about me (obviously I know you love me, but sometimes it's hard to remember who you are cause I've been gone so long). So it was a greatly needed visit, and has actually helped me to concentrate a lot more. I am so grateful for my loving Heavenly Father and the way he hears and answers prayers. I am also so grateful that I have the loving family that I do. You are all just the best!


It was so nice to be able to see family!
 I loved that they surprised me and came to my ward!   

Alan, Lisa & family were able to meet Joanne at church!
So other events from this week!
         We did a work over (where both me and sister Moyes go to the other area) in the VC this week and I was able to be with Sister Bills and Sister Hansen (she was my STL in Taunton). It was so cool to be with Sister Bills again. We were able to go teach the restoration to a family and it was so cool teaching with her! She has changed a lot and grown a lot. She is amazing!
Sister Hansen, Sister Bills and I
     We also had zone training this week, which was so good! I wanted to share something which we did and which really hit me. We focused on Jesus Christ and how he has changed each of our lives and had a mini testimony meeting as a zone. We watched the Easter videos and then shared how Jesus Christ has changed our lives. As I was pondering this question this week, I had a very strong feelings about how I have found new life in Jesus Christ.
Crawley Zone
          On my mission I have found new life by simply being changed by him. He has changed my priorities in life. He has helped me to see what true happiness is. He has helped me change how I view myself and others. He has helped me love. He has changed me. Here are a few quotes and scriptures I have found the past week as I have been studying about the saviour. Enjoy!
         "If you turn to Christ and repent of your sins, He will forgive you and cleanse you and change your heart. This is the redeeming power of the Atonement. If you turn to Christ when you face challenges and need capacity beyond your own, He can strengthen you and magnify your capacity. This is the strengthening power of the Atonement."
         "There is no sin, no guilt, no shame, no fear, no loneliness, no heartache, no loss, no depression, no sadness, no terror, no pain, no challenge, no weakness that Jesus has not experienced and overcome. He has all power over all things."
         "The great truth of the gospel is that we have a Savior who can and will save us from ourselves, from what we lack, from our imperfections, from the carnality within us, if we seek his help."
         "Now, the atonement of Christ is the most basic and fundamental doctrine of the gospel, and it is the least understood of all our revealed truths. Many of us have a superficial knowledge and rely upon the Lord and his goodness to see us through the trials and perils of life.
But if we are to have faith like Enoch and Elijah we must believe what they believed, know what they knew, and live as they lived."
         I want you all to know that I know my saviour lives. He died and was resurrected on the third day for me, and for you. Because of him I have hope and joy in my life. Because of his gospel and his example I know I can successfully return home to live with my family forever and with God. I love my saviour and I am so grateful for all the opportunities he has given me in my life to learn of him and learn from him.
         I love you all and am so extremely grateful for all of your support. I hope you have a great Easter and remember the true meaning of why we do everything. Remember him. That's the best advice I could give someone today. Remembering him changes everything.

Love you!
Sister Robison xxx
3 of my 4 companions left in the mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment