Tuesday, March 29, 2016

"I'm Converted...to Vegetables"

Sister Moyes and I

Hello family!!!
         Happy Easter! Our Easter was great. We got lots and lots of chocolate eggs...and now I just freak out every time we enter the flat cause there is just chocolate everywhere and it makes me sick to look at.
         Got to love holidays in England...
This may or may not have been my breakfast one morning…I’m trying hard not to give up on trying to live healthy…haha
       So I don't know if I have ever told you this before. But food here is so good!  Whenever we are at a dinner appointment and the conversation isn't going anywhere, the people almost always get asking us about food in America haha. So this week Sister Moyes and I have been talking a lot about the differences in the food, just cause everyone always asks us. And I've been converted to eating vegetables. I love broccoli, carrots, parsnips, peas, potatoes, etc. They are literally so good and that is pretty much all people eat here, then there is a little side of meat. As I've been pondering goals I want to set for when I get home, I want to teach you all the PMG lessons, and get you eating vegetables. So watch out :)
         Haha but really this week was good, full of ups and downs as usual. Sister Moyes and I are staying together our last transfer. I'm excited to serve another transfer together because we feel like we finally know how to work together! Just pray we can keep our motivation up and keep pushing each other. It is an interesting feeling knowing you and your comp go home at the end of the transfer and your area is going to be white washed...but we know it is what the Lord wants! And we are determined to finish off our missions strong!
        A big miracle/highlight of the week comes from the one and only Joanne :). She is still doing great and got called to be a young women's advisor this week! Yay! It's fun seeing converts grow in the church :) but we have actually been able to have dinner with her family twice this week. They had us over Thursday night, and then again on Easter, and they are just the best!  Her mum has taken us in like we are her own daughters and it is just such a lovely feeling being around them. Sister Moyes and I both feel like a big reason we are staying together is because of them. We haven't been able to necessarily teach them anything yet, but we are happy with the friendship we have been able to gain with them. And her mum makes the BEST roast dinners! So good! And she always has the best herbal teas for us. She has actually gotten me to kind of like herbal tea :) I'm slowly turning English. Haha
         This week we were also able to go on exchange with Sister Dollman and Sister Manage. I was with Sister Dollman, and I love her so much! She has been in the Crawley zone the whole time I have been in Sutton, and now she is getting transferred to be STL out west, so I'm sad to see her go :( But we had an awesome exchange full of finding! We were able to use the Easter video the whole time and I was so full of gratitude that I was able to testify of Jesus Christ each and everyday. It seriously is the biggest blessing ever!
         Pretty much this week has been finding. Sutton is a resting place for me, I have constantly been in the finding stage here, except for when we taught Joanne. But it is good and we have faith we can and will baptise next transfer. It will be good!
         This morning I spent a good chunk of my personal study pondering general conference and preparing myself with questions I need answered for it. President Gubler sent us a great letter this week to help us prepare for conference and I wanted to share part of it with you
         “Dear Sisters And Elders,
For this week’s letter, we want to focus on the upcoming general conference and how it can strengthen our faith and testimony, giving us greater power to fearlessly and tirelessly serve our Lord during this season of harvest. Conferences have always been a part of the true Church of Jesus Christ. Adam, Moses, the Savior (in Jerusalem and America) gathered and taught the people. The Lord’s pattern has always been to reveal his secrets to His prophets (Amos 3:7). The first general conference in these latter days was convened just two months after the church was organized and conferences have continued to this very day. The Lord has said that these are My Conferences (D&C 124:88), directed by His Spirit (D&C 46:2), and are My Words (D&C
1:38).  In our day, living prophets and apostles are authorized to speak, teach, and direct with authority from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. The Savior said to the Prophet, “What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same” (D&C 1:38). The messages in each general conference are given as a gift and a blessing from heaven specifically for our personal life situations. President Uchtdorf said, “As you prepare for general conference, I invite you to ponder questions you need to have answered. … There are messages in each general conference given as a gift and a blessing from heaven specifically for our personal life situations.” Speakers are not assigned specific topics. Over weeks and months, often through sleepless nights, they wait upon the Lord. Through fasting, praying, studying, and pondering, they learn the message that He wants to give. The leaders have paid the price…done their “homework”! The real value of conference depends on whether we receive their words under the influence of the same Spirit by which they were given to those servants (D&C 50:19–22). Just as they receive guidance from heaven, so must we.  And that requires of us the same spiritual effort. President Eyring said, “I remembered the counsel a loving and kind President Harold B. Lee(1899–1973) had given me earlier with great emphasis  “Hal, if you want to get revelation, do your homework.”. These are messages from the Lord meant just for us! On the day the church was organized, the Lord commanded us to give heed to these words as if from His own mouth in all patience and faith; and promised if we do, that the gates of hell would not prevail (we won’t be conquered by Satan); that the Lord would remove darkness (remove the destructive D’s) from our lives; and cause the heavens to shake (He would pour out blessings upon us) for our good (D&C 21:4-6). If we will listen to and obey the words of the Lord that will be spoken this weekend we will be strengthened, protected, guided, and receive these amazing blessings!"
         It truly is such a blessing to have a modern day prophet on the earth today and I know that if we faithfully follow him we will be kept safe amongst the tribulations of the world. I hope you will all take time to prepare yourself with questions you need answered at general conference, because I know if you do you will receive answers.
         I love you all so much! I cannot believe I am starting my last transfer...but here's to the best 6 weeks of my life!

Love,
Sister Robison xxx
My District


No comments:

Post a Comment