Monday, August 10, 2015

Keeping Up In Taunton

Happy 20th Birthday!!!

       Yes, I’m alive and doing well in Taunton.  Sister Bills and I are literally the same person.  It seriously reminds me of when I was trained because we just have so much fun. I love her.

10 similarities of Sister Bills and I:


1. She LOVES diet coke! Finally I have a companion who loves diet coke as much as me. It makes us happy.


2. Her favorite stores are Gap and JCrew. Hello, sound familiar?
3. The reasons we came on our missions/our worries before our missions are the exact same.
4. We are both super sarcastic.
5. We are both obsessed with Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift.
6. We watch the same tv shows back home
7. We are both love Disneyland. True fact we are planning a trip for when she gets home already.
8.  We are both SUPER awkward...I think I just make all my companions awkward...oops
9. We teach the same way...oh wait I'm training her that's why...
10. We both LOVE and miss Utah...and her mum ordered her a blow dryer off Amazon UK this week...and guess what, it's the same blow dryer I have! Haha


         But in all reality, I am so happy we are set to be together for 2 transfers. I love her and I have learned so much from her.
     So this week was actually really hard for me. Specifically my birthday. I am SO GRATEFUL that I only have one birthday on my mission. As missionaries we aren't supposed to think about ourselves at all, and birthdays are the most selfish days of the whole year. It honestly was the hardest day of my mission so far I think. Cause I wanted to celebrate my bday, but I didn't want attention to be on me.

     So we didn't tell anyone it was my bday so we literally did nothing to celebrate. We didn't even have a cake pan to bake my cake...so I didn't even have birthday cake :( but we did treat ourselves to dinner...thanks dad :) and thank you for the presents. The cable for pictures is so helpful and works great. The skirt is super cute, I love it. And the one direction shirt is the best thing I have received my whole mission. I wear it every night and just smile. And thanks for the package Bri, I LOVE those pens and I was just about out of sticky notes...so you are inspired ;) and that shirt is super comfy. I love you guys, thanks for sending packages, it helped make it feel like my birthday a bit :)










































     We had Zone Conference this week, which once again was AMAZING! I love President Gubler and the way he teaches, this was one of the most spiritual zone conferences I have been to my whole mission. I don't know if I have told you guys or not, but ever since President Gubler has gotten here he has felt it confirmed from the spirit time and time again that we are going to see a 2nd great harvest, or season of miracles in this mission. Baptizing 1000s a year, not just 300. We are going to see miracles as they did in the early days of the church. I honestly feel the spirit so strongly whenever he talks about it and whenever I talk about it, like right now writing this I feel the spirit so much. The scripture he always quotes is Mormon 9: 19-20

19 And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a
God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say
unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he
ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles.
20 And the reason why he ceaseth to do miracles among the children of
men is because that they dwindle in unbelief, and depart from the
right way, and know not the God in whom they should trust.

         We know this is possible and that the only reason we don't see miracles as they did is because we don't have the faith they did. It is all up to us, and we are going to do it, I know it. We have already seen so many miracles in these past few weeks, amazing things are happening in the ELSM, we just need the faith. So literally every time someone tells us we don't baptize here because it is England or this is a hard mission it makes me so mad, we are PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF BAPTIZING. Who is to say England can't be like South America and Africa and those countries that baptize like crazy? It all comes down to our faith :) and President Eyring visited the mission a few years ago and prophesied of this as well...you just wait and see :)

I was able to see Sister Dimond at Zone Conference this week

          
      I am truly loving being a missionary and trainer here in Taunton.  I have come to really love the members here. Being a missionary is the best and I kind of hate being over 9 months. It still feels like a dream that I am a missionary...I seriously sometimes just look down at my badge and wonder how I got here. But I am so happy and doing so good :)
          I love you all so much and pray for you each day! Have a great week and remember to read your scriptures :)

Love,
Sister Robison xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment