Monday, April 27, 2015

6 Months...What?!

     Wow I can't believe this might be my last week in Brighton.  It is so sad to think about leaving.  Yesterday after church we sat and "mingled” with ward members for an hour, like we usually do, but yesterday I really realized how much I love these people here.  It is crazy how 6 months ago I didn't know any of these people but now they are my family.  I feel so close to them and I love and appreciate all of them so much.  It will definitely be hard next Sunday if I have to leave.  One member even told me he read my blog about how I decided to go on a mission and I have inspired him to serve a mission...pretty cool.  Brighton is seriously the best.  It is also the oldest church unit, I heard that this week so that was pretty cool.  Also other cool facts about Brighton, Elder Holland was zone leader over Brighton.   Speaking of Elder Holland, he is supposedly coming to England in June to do mission and stake conferences, so that will be super exciting.  I love mission conferences, the spirit there is amazing and the things we learn is so great.  The things I have learned on my mission about the church and how it is run is so cool I have learned so much about ward councils and working with ward members, as well as stake positions and church wide positions.  The church is amazing.  
            I think that I will probably leave Brighton though...the whole time I have been here I haven't been able to figure out exactly why I needed to be in this area of England at this time, but a few days ago everything seemed to be standing out to me for why I needed to be here and who I needed to be here for.  A few of those people are the less active gentlemen we started teaching the other week, he is so amazing and is basically the most active member in the whole church now.  He deleted everything off of his ipad this week except for gospel stuff and set his screen saver as a picture of Christ.  He came to church yesterday and was so happy!  If only every member could be like that...I have learned a lot from him and his excitement of the gospel.  Another person is T.  It has been a while since I have talked about T to you guys.  But he is doing really good, we don't see him much cause he works a lot, but every time we do see him it makes me so happy.  I feel like he is one of my best friends and a huge reason I needed to be here.  It will be hard to say goodbye to him...but I think once we have Ipads we will be facebook missionaries so we can stay in contact with our converts, that will be nice.  Those two among lots of others are huge reasons I needed to be here at this time.  Brighton feels more like home to me than home ever did it seems.  I don't know what it is about this place, but I feel so comfortable and confident here, but I guess that is why transfers have to happen so we don't get too comfortable with our situation.  I will hopefully find out before I skype what is going to happen.  We have ipad training on Wednesday which will be fun/long.  It is from 9:30 to 4:30...that is a long meeting. It will be a huge help to the work here, I am so excited!  
            This week was difficult for Sister Ghalkhani and I. Our comp unity has been off for the longest time so we finally sat down and did a 2 hour comp inventory, something we do every week, and talked about everything.  This transfer has been hard on both of us and we both know why.  We have learned so much from each other and really progressed as missionaries, but our relationship isn't too great.  With past companions I have felt such a strong life long relationship with them but with her I don't feel that way.  We are going to try and fix that this week, but it has been hard.
            As far as baptismal dates...we haven't been able to get a hold of our two investigators this week...which is really sad.  We don't know what happened to them...but we have a new baptismal date.  He is from Zimbabwe and is super cool.  He is really interested and has learned a lot already.  Miracles are happening here in Brighton!
            This week we spent a lot of time trying to help a family we teach.  She was able to stop smoking for 5 days, which is huge for her cause she hasn't ever made it past 3 days.  She has been smoking since she was 8 so it is very hard for her to give up.  She came to church last Sunday and I know that is why she was able to make it that far.  In district meeting a few weeks ago one of our Zone Leaders talked about CPR, and how CPR is how you save a life.  CPR stands for Church attendance, Pray, and Read the BoM.  I really liked that analogy and it is so applicable to us.  I have been able to see that on my mission.  
            Well family I love you all.  I can't believe that I am 6 months in already...I am scared the next year is going to fly by.  But I am so grateful for everything I have learned.  Yesterday was a year since I received the prompting to serve a mission when we were in Honduras.  I can't believe how much my life has changed in just one short year.  I am so grateful for the Savior and everything he has done for me.  


Love you!
Sister Robisonxxx 

Last pday we went to a place called Devils Dyke where you are supposed to have an awesome view of all of Brighton...but of course we are in England so we couldn't see anything..but it was still cool.  It felt like we were in Lord of the Rings or something! 




No comments:

Post a Comment