Monday, March 9, 2015

Ahh Not Much Time

Hello family,
         So today has been a whirlwind!  We went up to the Deans to email, but their Internet isn't working, so we had to take the 45 minutes bus ride into town to the library to email. You only get one hour on the computer here, so it will probably be a short email.
This week has been really good.  I have a whole new motivation to do missionary work.  I don't know where it came from, but it is amazing.  Last Monday we had a zone conference call (they do those every other week), where the zone leaders give a spiritual thought and share miracles and stuff.  Well they committed us to extend a baptismal date EVERYDAY.  When I heard them say that I thought they were crazy!  There is no way I thought.  So in district meeting we role-played inviting people to be baptized on the street.  I honestly didn't have much faith we could do it.  But Friday sister G. and I just went out with a ton of energy and faith that we could do it.  And we did it!  It wasn't weird at all either.  That is really weird to think about extending a baptismal date within the first like 10 minutes of meeting them, but it is really powerful.  The guy didn’t accept it, but he said he would think about it and call us.  But what matters is that we put our trust in the Lord and he showed to us that it is really possible. 
         I went on exchanges this week with Sister Wood, who is serving in Eastbourn.  It was a really good exchange, she is our STL, and I learned a lot from her.  She was friends with my same group of friends at BYU-I, so that was fun to talk to her about everyone up there.  She is from Alpine Utah. 
         My recent convert had some drama this week.  Recent converts are stressful. He has been struggling a lot ever since his baptism.  He has only come to church twice since he got baptized I think.  But we still meet with him every week.  This week we met with him with a member who is friends with his family, and this member told us that T is having word of wisdom issues and that he was going to address it in our lesson.  So he did, and it was terrible.  T felt like he was being attacked the whole time and ended up walking out of the lesson. It was so bad and I was afraid we were never going to see him again.  He did come back and talk with us, but he is really struggling.  Keep him in your prayers.  We are trying so hard to know how to help him, but nothing seems to be working.
      Yesterday was interesting,  after church the Bishop invited us to go to an interfaith meeting with him and his wife and Lewis.  I had no clue what we were even doing there, but it was a really good eye opening experience.  There were a ton of different religions there and it definitely wasn't anything like Utah.  The speaker went off about the virgin mary and goddesses,  and how we should worship women.  It was really weird and the spirit definitely wasn't there.  I also had tea for the first time yesterday, don't worry it is the tea that is okay to drink :)  it was nasty, I don't know why people like it.
      That is weird that President King quoted my letter. (We had Stake conference yesterday and our Stake President read part of Heidi’s letter that she wrote a few weeks ago, when she was having a rough week.  Our stake is doing a stake wide program this year.  They have assigned a different person from the stake each day to fast and pray for the 93 missionaries serving from our ward and also for missionary experiences in our Stake.  It has been amazing to see the miracles that have come about because of this.  Heidi told us in her letter she definitely felt the love and prayers of the members of the stake that were fasting that week for her.)
          Sorry not much to say this week, I don't have much time.  But transfers are on March 25 I believe, so don't send any letters to my flat seeing as I may move before they get here.  I really hope I stay though. 
         Missions are hard, that is what I write in my journal every night, but they are so worth it.  I don’t know what changed in me this week, but I just want to be out talking to everyone.  This is such a special message that we have, it needs to be shared with everyone.  I am going to work super hard to give everyone I can a chance to come into the gospel.
         I love you all so much!  Keep praying for us that we can find people to teach.  I am afraid that if we don't find people soon that president will close down our area.  There are 3 sets of missionaries here, and none of us have anyone to teach right not.  Because of all the missionaries going home now and not a lot coming out, they have to close down a lot of areas, so I am trying hard to find people here just so he won't close it.  Only time will tell I guess, this is the Lords timing not mine.
         Love you all!  Have a fantastic week!  
Love,
Sister Robisonxx


No comments:

Post a Comment