Monday, July 20, 2015

Transfer Week



Hey Mates!
         Once again, it is me the best Sister Robison here to give her weekly report of what she has done and how she is doing.

         Here is a scripture that describes what I am learning right now:

Proverbs 3: 5-6. “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”

         So as you know it is transfers this week. Literally the whole mission was so anxious for this transfer because it is the first one that President Gubler has done and no one knew when information would be sent out and when calls would be made. So this whole week I was a nervous wreck...and turns out I had reason to be. Late Friday night literally right before bed I got a call from President Gubler asking me if I would train next transfer........what?!?!?! How the heck am I supposed to train? I have no clue what I am doing! But you know you can always rely on the spirit, and the spirit has been telling me for the past month that I am going to be training. So I said yes...and I am so overwhelmed now. I feel so inadequate and feel like I don't know anything. Obviously I know this is all just satan getting to my head, I know I am perfectly capable of doing this through, and only through, the Lords help. I know and feel that this is exactly what I need at this time. I feel like I have just hit a wall lately with my progression as a missionary and individual, like I couldn't progress any more unless I was asked to do something like this. I was writing in my journal the night I found out (you would be so proud I have written everyday of my mission!) and while I was writing all of my weaknesses and doubts came flooding to my mind, and you know what? I know I am far from perfect or the person I need to be to train, but what I do know is that the Lord trusts me and like Nephi said "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord gives NO commandment unto the children save he shall prepare a way for them to accomplish the things which he hath commanded."  I have lacked faith a lot lately, and this is exactly what I need to regain that. I know that this will be an experience that stretches me and tests me a lot, but like I said, I know that as I trust in the Lord and turn to him more than I have my whole mission that I will be able to accomplish the thing which the Lord commands. So start praying that I can have patience and the ability to be a good example to my companion :) it is so overwhelming thinking about having to teach somebody everything...being with older missionaries you forget all the lingo you learn as a missionary and you forget that sometimes you have to make specific lesson plans instead of just saying "we are teaching restoration and extending a baptismal date for..."  I am too comfortable right now, and life isn't about comfort, so I guess here we go! On to the next adventure of my mission...

         I am so sad to see Sister Dimond leave. As I was sitting in sacrament meeting I was reflecting back on our time together, and we really were such a good companionship. I love her so much and I know we will be friends for life...we have been through so much together and we have so many memories. Man I am going to miss her. She is going to Jersey for her last 2 transfers. So I really won't see her for 9 months...mission goodbyes are terrible!  I was so blessed to be her companion; I have learned so much from her and sometimes felt like she was training me again. I just love her so much.

         So there you go...I will go and pick up my greenie on Wednesday and I have no clue who she is, nor does President. He interviews all of them when they first get to the chapel and then decides who is going to train who, so the unknown is killing me. It will be good though.

         Oh and if you are wondering, we did not have a baptism this week :( he was not ready, but I truly believe he will be baptized in the next month. Continue to pray for him please.

         Well sorry family, I really can't remember what happened this week cause my mind is going a thousand miles per hour trying to figure out how I am going to train...and we are really short on time today cause we have to go see everyone for Sister Dimond to say goodbye too. This ward loves her so much, she served here for 7.5 months so it is a hard goodbye.

         Thanks for all your love and support. I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week! Pray for me extra hard on Wednesday...I am scared...

Cheers!

Sister Robison

No comments:

Post a Comment