Monday, July 27, 2015

Follow The Leader


Hello family!
         Where do I even begin? So I am a trainer as you know and it has been amazing so far. Training is hard, you have to rely on the spirit so much and be exactly obedient and just be such a good example at all times, it is stressful, but I am loving it!
         The beginning of last week was crazy saying goodbye to everyone with Sister Dimond and getting her off to Jersey. Monday night we didn't go to bed until super late...like super late...I only got like 2 hours of sleep because we were getting picked up at 6am to drive to the temple.
         It was a long day Tuesday just walking around the temple talking to all the missionaries there and saying goodbye to people. Missions are the best because you make such good friendships with everyone, seriously I love everyone here! Sister Dimond flew off to Jersey Tuesday night and I won't see her for 9 months :( so sad. The 3 months I spent with her were some of the best 3 months of my life, we had so much fun! Man I miss her...but I'll see her soon enough.

Last picture with my district 

         Wednesday was a long, long day of driving. I spent the night with the VC sisters and we got picked up at 6 AM again. But GUESS WHAT! I GOT TO GO BACK TO BRIGHTON!!!! We were picked up in the huge mission van which means we spent all day driving picking up missionaries and our first stop was BRIGHTON. I was almost in tears, I was so happy to be back in that town I love even if it was only for a few minutes. So that was pretty great. Then we spent the next 4 hours driving all over the mission...I went to 5 of the 9 zones in the mission that day...it was terrible. But we finally got to Staines where transfer meeting is and I had training from the APs for how to train. Man this is a big responsibility. But it is so worth it. President Gubler talked to us for a few minutes as well and told us how we needs to "feed these sheep" that they are precious and vulnerable right now and this is our chance to take them and lead them and teach them. It felt like we sat forever at Staines waiting to get our companions. After 4 hours there they finally announced it! I was dying of nerves the whole day! But my companion is Sister Bills and she is from Orem Utah. She is so cute and reminds me so much of how I was when I first came out. I like to think that I am helping her and I can relate to her...but who knows. She is awesome though and came so prepared. Thursday we went out and we did all aspects of he work, we street contacted, knocked, taught, everything we did she did awesome at! She seriously blew me away, she is so brave, a lot braver than I ever was and still am! I have learned so much from her in the past few days, she is amazing. But life is good as a trainer, I am really realizing how much I have grown on my mission.

Sister Bills and I

         This morning I showed her a video called missionary work and the atonement that talks about why missions are so hard and how missionaries come to really understand the atonement on their mission. And let me tell you, I have such a strong testimony of the atonement now! I didn't realize how much I have grown, but I have grown so much. I now understand the atonement and what it actually means for me personally, I have come to understand the priesthood and why it is important, I have come to understand the fall of Adam and Eve and how important it is to gods plan for me. Sorry I wanted to type out this huge thing of how the atonement has helped me in my mission...but the words aren't coming. Just know that I love Jesus Christ so much and I now know a little bit of the pain he had to go through and what it truly means to be a missionary.
         We saw a big miracle the other day, we were walking down the street talking to everyone and we stopped this lady pushing a baby carrier and we started talking to her, she didn't have time, but I just asked if we could come by and talk to her about Jesus sometime and she said yes.  To be honest I was a bit doubtful cause people say yes all the time and then flog...but she was serious and we called her that night and she let us come over the next day! She is from Romania and she has a family and they are just so prepared! They could totally be baptized in a few weeks...but they are moving back to Romania next week. It is so sad. But hey I guess you never know what could happen. Pray she stays in England!
         Well to sum it all up, I feel very unworthy to be training. It is the most important calling you could have as a missionary and I still don't quite know why God trusts me with this, but it is good. Sitting in church yesterday was hard for me cause we only had 1 investigator there and some members of the ward made some comments to me about it...it is hard cause I am the one running this area right now, everything falls back to me which is really stressful. But I am learning and growing each and everyday. I don't think I have ever prayed more sincerely or followed the promptings of the spirit more than right now in my life. I don't think I have ever been this humble either, training makes you be humble, and we all know I need that, so this is good.
         I love you all so so much, thanks for all the love and support. Send me the family slideshow if you can, I want to see it!
Love you!

Sister Robison xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment