Monday, January 26, 2015

Fish'n Chips

     Why hello again family, it seems that these emails on Monday are becoming a regular thing ha-ha.  This week was very interesting; it flew by which is always nice.  I had the most amazing spiritual experience last night, and I can't wait to type it at the end of my letter, so here you go:
So, as you know on Sunday nights we account.  We were able to account face to face with Elder Green this week (we usually have to do it over the phone), so it was a longer accounting and more personal I thought.  He got to the last question where he asks how the missionaries are doing, and for some reason all I wanted to do was cry, I was trying so hard to hold it in cause I didn't want him to see me cry.  He was talking about our companionship and how we have strengthened our comp unity and all this stuff.  While he was talking the thought popped into my mind that I was going to have a priesthood blessing that night, but I ignored it cause I didn't want to admit I needed one.  We were walking out of the room after accounting and I told Sister Stuart that all I wanted to do was cry, and I didn’t know why.  She seemed really concerned, usually when one of us says that we just eat some chocolate and get over it.  Then Elder Reed came over and asked if I was okay, and I just started bawling, I really don't know why (well now I do).  So they talked to me for a while about everything I am feeling.  I have felt very inadequate lately.  Everyone tells me I’m a good missionary and have learned fast, but I don't feel like that at all.  I have so much I need to improve on and I just felt like I wasn’t doing the best I could.  They talked to me about the missionary work and the atonement and how of course this isn't easy, in fact it is one of the hardest things we will ever do.  Sister Stuart then asked if I wanted a blessing, she said that it isn't a sign of weakness, which is one of the reasons I didn't want to ask for one, because I didn't want them to see I was weak.  But I thought about it and I decided it would be really nice.  So I got a blessing, and it was the most powerful blessing I have ever received I think.  Elder Green gave it, and in it he talked about literally everything I had been thinking about that day.  He instructed me to reflect on the blessing I received when I was set apart, which I haven't told any one about, so that was amazing, and I was thinking during sacrament meeting I needed to do that.  He also told me that I have ancestors watching over me and protecting me as I do this work, and that part was so powerful.  I had been thinking about Grandpa Robison a little bit during the day, so when he said that it really hit me.  I know it may sound weird, but it felt like Grandpa was there giving me the blessing.  I can definitely feel him helping me and watching over me everyday.  Even Elder Green said that was a powerful part, he started crying when he said that, and he has never cried while giving a blessing before.  It was so amazing and the spirit that has surrounded me ever since is incredible.  The priesthood is amazing, it really is Gods authority, I know it is.  It was such an incredible experience, I can't even describe it, but Heavenly Father is there and watching over each of us individually.  

    So the rest of the week was pretty normal.  For P-day we went down to the Pier and took pictures and stuff. Then we went and ate at Nandos and had roast chicken...it was good, but not sure it was worth the amount of money it costs.  I was secretly hoping that someone from one direction would be there....one of the members in the ward actually saw Sam Smith in Brighton at the Laines a few weeks ago, so I mean I could run into someone famous.  And Adele lives here, so we are going to go knocking in the area she lives and find her :) Oh while we were on the pier they were playing some cabin music, it was so random, but it was a tiny miracle in the day. 

    On Tuesday we woke up to snow, yes I just said snow...in England!  It was so crazy!  Let me tell you though, people don't now what to do when it snows here...they literally drive like 2 mph, I took a video of it, it was hilarious.  But sadly it didn't stick :( That night we had "Doc n Choc", a class we do as missionaries every Tuesday where we have chocolate and discuss some doctrine.  But it was a member’s birthday Tuesday, so we decided to throw a surprise party for him because he does so much for us. It was a legit party too!  We baked a cake and everything.  It was such a fun night, and we even had a former investigator show up!

    On Wednesday I went on exchange with Sister Hopgood in Chichester.  Thursday we were on exchange as well, until that afternoon when we exchanged back.  I missed having sister Stuart as my companion.  I really will miss her when she goes home.  I am so grateful for the things that I have learned from her and the memories we have made.  
          
    On Friday I had fish n chips for the very first time, well fish for the first time...and it was actually quite good!  I had cod, which really doesn't taste fishy at all.  We also taught the former investigator who came to Doc n Choc, that night, and he accepted a baptism date for Feb 7.   We have faith that he can do it, he wants to be baptized so bad.  
            
    Saturday was a crazy day.  We went to a ward members house for lunch and to help her plan a YW lesson.  She made us some awesome tacos for lunch and homemade guacamole, which was so good!  Her son ate with us too and he started to ask us about this red cake we have in America.  We told him it is red velvet cake and he said he thought it was called American Red Cake hahaha.  We then told him costco has the best red velvet cake, but he had never heard of costco before, so we spent probably a half hour explaining costco to him, and he was googling where the closest one was and all this stuff.  IT was so funny!  English people...ha-ha
             
    So there you go, there is my week :)  The biggest thing I have learned this week is that the priesthood is the authority to act in Gods name.  We had a few investigators receive priesthood blessings as well this week, and they are amazing.  I am so grateful and blessed to be surrounded by so many people who honor their priesthood so that they can give a blessing on the spot.  What an amazing blessing the gospel is in all of our lives.  I love it so much.  I love Christ so much and I know that we all have angels surrounding us every day watching over us.  And for me, that angel is Grandpa Robison, I know it is, I can feel his presence near and I know he is smiling down at me.  Sorry if I sound like a crazy person, but it is what I have come to learn and love this week.  
Thank you for everything you do for me.  I know all the prayers you say help me throughout my week.  If I am having a bad day, I often think about our stake at home and how someone is fasting for me every day, which is a huge blessing.  This gospel is true and amazing. 
I love you all so much! Have a good week!  Only 2 more emails left in this transfer...
Love,


Sister Robison

No comments:

Post a Comment