Monday, April 11, 2016

"Another Week"

Hello family!
         Isn't it weird that in a month you can all give me a big hug?  Anyways, you can all look forward to that!
         This week was...full of meetings...surprise!!! It's kind of ridiculous how many meetings we have...but they are good and I will definitely miss the spirit that is felt there.
         Monday night we had to drive to Staines to stay the night with the sisters there for MLC the next day. It was fun cause there were 8 sisters in the flat, a lot of who I had served around before, so we got to catch up with all of them :)
         Tuesday was MLC. The best meetings as missionaries, I love that I'm able to attend them. President and Sister Gubler talked to us at the beginning and a lot of what they said really hit me. They shared some personal experiences that they have had with the priesthood and as they were speaking it just reaffirmed to me that the church is true. There was a quote from conference that stood out to me by Bonnie L. Oscarson as they were speaking and it sums up how I was feeling. It says:
         "Do we sometimes become so accustomed to the blessings we have been given as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that we fail to fully comprehend the miracle and majesty of discipleship in the Lord’s true Church? Are we ever guilty of being complacent about the greatest gift we can be offered in this life? The
Savior Himself taught, “If you keep my commandments and endure to the end you shall have eternal life, which gift is the greatest of all the gifts of God.  We believe that this Church is more than just a good place to go on Sundays and learn how to be a good person. It is more than just a lovely Christian social club where we can associate with people of good moral standing. It is not just a great set of ideas that parents can teach their children at home so they will be responsible, nice people. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is infinitely more than all of these things."
         I know this church is so much more than just "good ideas" but it is the only way of living. It is heavenly fathers church, the priesthood is real, and the power of the atonement is real.
         At MLC the ZL and us also had to do a musical number as well...I guess people like to try to make me think I can sing haha. But it was really good, I will send it to you :) part of it we sang my favourite hymn, Jesus Saviour Pilot Me.
         Wednesday we were down in Crawley for a lot of the day for DLC. That was fun.


DLC Selfie

         Thursday we had District Meeting and a member of the mission presidency was there with us, he taught us a lot about the importance of the sacrament and bringing investigators to church. Then that afternoon we had to go to the VC to take care of some STL stuff with the sisters there. I am so grateful for the friendships I have been able to make with those sisters, I love them all so much and know they will all be life long friends.
         Friday we went finding. There wasn't much that happened that day.
         Saturday we went finding again. We had a really good lesson with our investigators Hugh and Joan who are 96 years old. We taught them about the Holy Ghost and it was cool to see how the gospel is the same and they can still feel the Holy Ghost like our 10 year old investigator. I'm telling you, the gospel is the best!
         Well, that's about it for the week. Sorry if you get bored reading this, it is like all the same now. I'm excited to see you all soon!!!

Love you!
Sister Robison xxx
Taunton members I ran into at the Temple this week.  It was a nice surprise to see them!


Sad moment when your face is turned on the board at the office....it means your going home this transfer:(




1 comment: