Tuesday, November 11, 2014

SOS I Need Food

Hello Family! Holy Cow this week has felt like it has been a year!  I have so much to tell you.  First off I want to tell you that I am doing great!  I have only had one hard day and that was yesterday...I'll explain why later.  But I am loving it here!  I have changed so much already and have felt the spirit so much! 
So I hope you got my letter about the first day here, cause I can't remember what even happened that day so I'll start with Thursday. 
We had class all day and met our teachers, they are all super great!  One of them is from Logan, and an elder in my district is from Logan too, which makes it fun to talk about back home with them!  Really the only thing I can remember from Thursday is Me and Sister Holley (my comp) got assigned to be the Sister Training Leaders! AHHHHH so crazy!  There is only 2 other sister companionship's in our zone, so its not that big of a deal.  But the branch president told us he choose us because he saw strength in our relationship.  Which is good, and me and sis. Holley get along SUPER well, I am so blessed to be her companion!  

Well I will give you a basic schedule of what my day looks like:
6:00-6:30 wake up
6:30-7 get ready
7-7:30 eat a disgusting breakfast (seriously, the food is nasty and all carbs, I feel like by body is withering away)
7:30-11:30 sit in class and learn
11:30-12:15 eat another disgusting meal
12:15-3:15 sit in class 
3:15-4:30 personal study/plan lessons/companion study
4:30-5:15 dinner...once again nasty
5:15-8:15 more class time!
8:15-9:15 exercise 
9:15-10:15 shower and get things ready for the next day, have companionship prayer
10:15-10:30 quite time to reflect on the day
10:30 lights out

It is quite the long day!  I counted and we are in class 12 hours a day most days! It is amazing, I have been able to stay focused the whole time though.  I can definitely feel the Lords hand helping me get through classes, cause they are long and can get very boring!!!  

My district is all so great!  Like I said they are all going to Australia, and we all get along great!  Me and sis holley sometimes feel like their moms though, but they make us laugh which is good!  

I literally have no free time so sorry I haven't written more letters.  By the time I have time to just relax at night it is lights out.  I don't even have time to write in my journal, hopefully I will have more time once I get out in the field. 
Speaking of that my visa came!  You probably know that though cause dad probably called a ton.  I leave next Tuesday at 4:35 AM from the MTC and fly out at 10 to Orlando, then to London!  I don't want to leave here yet.  I wish I could stay longer because the atmoshpere is amazing and the spirit is so strong!  

Everyone is super serious here, and my district really isn't.  I think our teachers get frustrated sometimes cause we will just bust up laughing at the most random things.  The other day we had to watch videos about how to deal with stress, and me and sis holley were crying we were laughing so hard.  I decided the MTC makes you slap happy, it is the weirdest thing.  It has been good therapy to just straight up laugh sometimes! 

Well Sunday was great!  We were pretty busy cause we had a tone of meetings to go to for being the STL.  We had branch council, which was cool.  We have a phone too, but it can only call the front desk, if not that would be a temptation.  Then we went to Relief Society.  They have it with all the sisters here at once in the gym.  We watched music and the spoken work before, which was good.  Then the General Young Women's President spoke to us for Relief Society.  It was so cool and she gave such a good talk about how to enjoy the little things in your mission.  Then we had orientation what to wear clothing wise thing.  Lunch, a district council, and Sacrament meeting.  I played the piano for sacrament meeting.  And I accompanied the elders in the district that left this week, they sang We'll Bring the World His Truth, and thanks to Caleb I knew exactly how to count it! haha Keep playing caleb, they need elders that can play the piano, really bad!  Then we went on a walk to the temple which was really nice to get outside.  I saw some friends from school there too that were at the MTC which was nice.  
That night we had a devotional with Spencer Condie, he used to be in the 70.  I can't really remember what he spoke about, but I know it was good cause I took lots of notes!  And then we had the option of going to 4 different films.  We went to one called The Character of Christ.  It is a devotional Elder Bednar gave here on Christmas day one year.  If you can find it anywhere watch it, cause it changed my life!  It was the most powerful talk I have ever heard.  I was all about how we are so selfish and say I want this, I didn't get this, Me Me Me.  He related us to the cookie monster haha.  And Christ always turns outward.  Even when he was suffering in Gethsamene he healed someones ear, he never thought of himself.  That is something that I have been really trying to work on.  

So after that amazing talk, me and Sister Holley both prayed that night that we would become more like the savior in that way.  And boy oh boy did we learn our lesson yesterday!  We are teaching 2 investigators right now.  Ones name is Tim, and he is amazing.  He is actually our teacher, but he plays the role of someone he taught on his mission.  The first lesson went awesome on Saturday and we committed him to pray.  Then we taught him yesterday and it was kind of all over the place.  We did commit him to come to church and read the B. of M. though.  Which was good.  We felt like we did TERRIBLE, but when we talked with the teacher after he just kept saying how great it was, so maybe we are just really hard on ourselves.  
Then we were planning our lesson for whats called our TRC, its just another investigator that we teach.  And one of the sister companionship's walked by us.  It was Sister Takeutchi and Sister Noaks.  Sister Noaks has had some problems with her legs the past four days.  One leg is 1/2 inch shorter than the other, she went to the doctor and they told her she needs to see a neurologist, so she had to go home this morning.  That was the saddest thing to hear because she is the most Christlike and humble person I have ever met.  She didn't say one thing negative the whole night, if I would have been told I was going home I would have been so negative.  I decided that she is one of the reasons I had to come to Provo not England cause she taught me so much about the type of missionary I want to be.  

After that we had to go teach our TRC Hailey.  That lesson was a total fail.  We didn't know what to say.  We were both mad after that cause we could tell we just confused her.  Neither of us talked for like 30 min.  Then we decided we had to start planning our next lesson, so we did.  She went to the bathroom real quick and one of the elders came and asked me how I was doing and I just broke out in tears.  I feel really bad cause I don't think he knew what to do, I had just had it for the day though.  Sis. Holley and I went in the bathroom and just sat and cried together for a good 30 min.  We talked it out though and figured that that was the answer to our prayers, we needed to be humbled.  We were not following the spirit planning our lessons or teaching them.  So we figured that out and we are trying to change that, it was rough though. 

Then we went out in the hall and the Zone leaders were trying to figure out what we can do for Sis. Noaks.  We decided to have just a zone testimony meeting and it was so cool.  I really feel like we grew as a zone.  Sister Noaks said she wanted a priesthood blessing, so all 16 elders in our district participated while one of the most quite elders gave her a blessing.  The spirit was so strong and it was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.  It was definitely just want I needed.  Me and Sister Holley needed to forget about ourselves and focus on someone else that night.  
Yesterday is the only day that I have cried though.  I haven't been homesick at all (sorry to disappoint) but they honestly keep you so busy that you don't even have time to think about home.  The only time i kind of get sad is when I think about mom watching tv alone at night, I'm sure she had cried a lot.  sorry for that, but know I'm doing great!  It is amazing how fast you forget about everything that used to matter.  I don't even miss my phone or social media, or tv.  I honestly forgot about all the tv programs I used to watch.  so don't worry about me, I am loving my life.  

Sorry I felt like this letter was so scattered, but I had so much to tell you!  It has been one of the longest, hardest, happiest, and most rewarding weeks of my life.  It is amazing how I am now comfortable teaching anyone any of the lessons.  
We talk alot about what we teach.  what we teach is so simple.  We teach about faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the H.G, and enduring to the end.  That is it, that is the doctrine of Christ.  That is our gospel, everything else just explains why we need those things.  look for those in the scriptures, you will notice that is like the only thing that is taught.  And in 3 Nephi I can't remember what chapter, it is God and Jesus Christ talking and that is what they teach.  Pretty cool stuff.  At least I think so. 

Teaching is hard, but as soon as we get in the room we feel comfortable (well except for yesterday).  It is fun to get to know people.  We are supposed to invite to be baptised on the first lesson, we haven't attempted that yet cause that is super scary.  

I feel like I have so much more to say.  But I am so scatter brained I can't think.  And yes, I am craving real food real bad right now, the food is nasty.  But at least I am only here one more week.  Kind of sad about that, I love it here.  Every time I go outside the gates to the field to exercise or to the temple I look for Bri's car driving by, but have yet to see it.  Its weird to think theres a real world out there, i have forgotten what that's even like. 

Well I love you all and thank you so much for the letters, I love them!  And the letters you put in my suitcase, I didn't read them until Saturday cause I was doing so good about not thinking about home.  But they mean alot to me.  I love you all let me know if none of this makes sense!  

I love my life, being a missionary is definitely the best thing I have ever done with my life, I do not regret it at all! 

Sister Robison (oh and I forgot my name was even Heidi too...

Sister Marshall who Heidi went to school and worked with.

District Selfie




Sister King who Heidi went to school with.




No comments:

Post a Comment